(PAs) are individuals who have been trained by a CanSkate coach to assist in the delivery of the CanSkate program.
Program assistants should be:
- Good communicators and demonstrators
- Team players and good role models
- Prepared and organized
- Able to encourage skaters and offer praise
A PA’s role may include:
- Assisting or leading warm-ups, group activities or cool-downs
- Assisting with the setup of circuits and stations
- Leading circuits and rotations
- Demonstrating proper execution of skating skills
- Providing assistance to skaters who may have additional needs
- Taking attendance
- Providing general assistance to the coaches on the session
- Providing encouragement and general feedback to skaters
- Assisting with tracking of skill acquisition
PAs are demonstrators and helpers and will not be responsible for coaching or instructing on a CanSkate session.
Let your coach know if you are interested in helping out!!!