Adult skating is growing in popularity and more and more clubs are offering recreational, test and competitive opportunities to this segment of the population. Adults participate in CanSkate, STARSkate and CanPowerSkate programs as well as on synchronized skating teams. Adult championships currently provide opportunities to adult skaters to experience the challenge of a competition in a fun, social environment. Skate Canada is currently expanding its programming in this area.
March 1, 2022
All Restrictions have been removed!
Restrictions February 14, 2022
- Effective immediately the Restrictions Exemption Program is removed, along with most associated restrictions. You are no longer required to show proof of vaccination, a rapid test result or an exemption letter.
- Mandatory masking requirements are removed for Children 12 an under.
- Adults and children 13 and over are required to wear masks; youth can remove masks while actively participating in sports
Covid Restrictions September 27, 2021
The Red Deer Skating Club received the information that the City of Red Deer will be implementing the Restriction Exemption Program for sport, fitness and recreation. Please see attached documentation.
1. What this means is that as of Monday September 20th, all vaccine eligible participants (age 18 and older) and all visitors to any City owned property will require:
- Proof of vaccination through electronic or paper records
- Partial vaccination (single dose) as long as the dose was given 14 days before the session.
- Full vaccination
- Proof of a Privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of activity
- Documentation of a medical exemption
The facility staff will be checking paperwork or passports upon entry into any of their facilities.