As announced Thursday November 12th by the Province; indoor team and group sports are on a mandatory 2 week pause from Friday November 13th – November 27th. While we understand the disappointment with this news, the club values our skaters well-being and our members are of the utmost importance.
There will be NO CANSKATE on the following dates:
- Saturday November 14
- Saturday November 21
- Tuesday November 17
- Tuesday November 24
- Thursday November 19
- Thursday November 26
- Monday/Wednesday November 16, 18, 23, 25 (Daytime)
- Tuesday/Thursday November 17, 19, 24, 26 (Daytime)
There will be no POWERSKATE on the following dates:
- Monday November 16, 23
Our first plan of action is to determine if we can extend the end dates for these programs. Our club has a scheduled Executive Meeting on Tuesday November 17th at which time we will make decisions about how to effectively move forward.
While this situation is beyond all our control, we look forward to seeing you back at the arenas soon. Thank you for your patience.
We wouldn’t be here without you!
Welcome to the Red Deer Skating Club
We are Central Alberta largest skating club, and we have been teaching skills, technique and sportsmanship to all levels of skaters in our community for over 60 years. We offer a dynamic and comprehensive range of programs year-round; from learn to skate, recreational skating, adult skating, power skating and figure skating which improves the skills of our 1300+ members, who range in age from 3 to adult.
Our aim is to help each skater achieve his or her personal goals, enhance self-esteem and promote a healthy lifestyle. We do this by teaching high quality skills in a friendly, accessible, team-oriented environment. We are a not-for-profit Skate Canada sanctioned club with our year-round operations made possible thanks to our dedicated team of volunteers, who work alongside our professional skating coaches.
- SKATE-CANADA-ASSUMPTION-OF-RISK-AND-WAIVER revised.docx
- CANSKATER & POWERSKATER -CHECKLIST .docx
- Arena User Guidelines.pdf
- We are not forming cohort groups with our programs. Instead we are physically distancing and when we are not on the ice we are using masks.
CANSKATE REGISTRATION INFO
These guidelines will continue to be in place for our January to March programs. Registration opens November 16th @ 8am.
- Skaters MUST turn 5 years of age during the session OR previously been registered in our programs. Children need to be able to stand up on their own. If this is not your situation please DO NOT register. We are restricted by Skate Alberta and have signed compliance forms regarding this. You will not be able to participate in our programs
- Log in and health screening and temperature checks and hand sanitizing for skaters and parents
- We are now able to use dressing rooms but everyone must be wearing a mask
- Masks must be worn in the lobby, hallways and all general areas
- There are NO REFUNDS for any reason
- When you register you will agree with our COVID policy
- Participant numbers will be limited for each program
Providing year round skating for all ages and levels of skating!
FIGURE SKATING: PRESTARSKATE
FIGURE SKATING: STARSKATE
F.I.R.S.T. Place for Human Performance
Red Deer, Alberta
F.I.R.S.T. Place was established in 1996 after years of exploring and experimenting with sport psychology principles many athletes of the Titans Track Club, Red Deer. With many talented athletes capturing local, regional, provincial and national honours I was fortunate to hone my skills. My first venture outside of track and field was into Hockey Alberta's Program of Excellence. Hockey Alberta, through Scott Robinson, Barb Marsh and Rick Polutnik were huge sponsors and mentors, who started me on a thrilling journey through literally thousands of athletes and hundreds of sports. Three years into the development of F.I.R.S.T. Place for Human Performance, I was very fortunate to have been mentored by Brian MacNaughton, Brian Ellerman and Rob Dawson as the "sport psych guy" for our 1999 Alberta Canada Winter Games team where we captured a Gold Medal. Twenty-two years later (1996-2018) I continue to be thrilled with many opportunities to support, athletes, coaches and associations in the design and development of mental skills.
Current program efforts include Seasonal Planning for Mental Skills and three main Mental Skills Seminars 1) Life is Hard - Get a Helmet; 2) Put on the Helmet and 3) Polish the Helmet. I frequently venture into education and human service venues with Influence through Relationships. Additionally, any opportunity to speak and explore Applied Behavior Analysis (Positive Behavior Support) is welcomed.
I am currently engaged in many writing activities including manuscripts entitled Walden 3, Re-frame, Postcards and Inked.
I am very fortunate to be afforded many opportunities to do what I love to do. Favourite quote, for my entire professional teaching career, continues to be, "I am a teacher of athletes; he / she that spreads a wider breast than my own, proves the worth of my own (Walt Whitman).
* WINTER (JANUARY -MARCH) 2021 REGISTRATION IS
OPENING NOVEMBER 16TH @ 8AM!!!